derek farman - principal electrical & VT consultant
commercial building services - HV & LV electrical, lighting, security, communications, fire detection/warning, MATV, PV Solar, backup redundant power, power quality, vertical transportation (VT)
tel - 0438 436 255
email - email@example.com
- I am fascinated by how wellbeing, productivity and the use of spaces can be increased through good design.
- Understanding my client’s business needs and how their business might evolve in the future really excites me. To me good design is not just looking at what clients need now but understanding how they might do business in 20 years’ time and beyond.
- My passion for engineering quality has always driven me to do the best for the client team and the future stakeholders of the development.
- Sharing ideas and brainstorming as a team to find solutions to challenges on projects.
Master of Studies, University of Cambridge, UK
Bachelor of Engineering (Building Services Engineering), University of South Wales, UK
Member, Engineers Australia MIEAust
Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
Chartered Engineer MCIBSE CEng
Associate Diploma, Electrical Engineering
- Licensed Security Consultant - License 2G57608
- Derek is a Chartered Engineer and has a deep understanding of building systems and processes, energy use and conservation, legislative and health and safety requirements. He has 23 years’ experience in the construction industry, with fifteen years’ experience as an Electrical Design Engineer in a client facing role, responsible for the planning, managing and leading of large-scale new build projects to time and budget constraints.
- He completed his master degree at the University of Cambridge in Interdisciplinary Design for the Built Environment, which has assisted him in leading multidisciplinary project teams and applying strategic decision making.
- With his contractual background, as a licensed electrician, he has an appreciation for both the practical and technical elements of the industry. He has worked on stadiums, aviation, rail, educational, laboratories, commercial office, retail, healthcare, hotel, residential, defence and custodial sectors.